Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Last Fall's Pike

Last September, one year before I am to be wed to one of the most aggressive predator fishing women ever born, we decided to head out to a local river that has become a Pike hot spot in recent years.  Emm loves pike, more than gar and I am the same.   Best part about small river pike is the top water fishing.  Since this river is so jammed packed with pike, a thirty incher is the giant in this place.  But the first thing I noticed when throwing four inch streamers in a ten foot wide river was how much It felt like I was fishing for baby tarpon.  You stop worrying about size and just throw.  We used four through six weight rods, with flies as small as a size 2 wolly bugger and as large as my forearm.  Most fish where about twenty two inches long, one thirty incher made its way in.  I can wait for spring, an article about how I did it to follow.




















No comments:

Post a Comment