Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

New year, new flies! Are you ready for Sowbug!

So most times of the year I’m working hard at finding my new magic pattern.  Whatever will be work right now, or for the run later in the year.  I spend time judging how I think fish will react.  But this year, I need to pull out everything right NOW!  So I’m tying all kinds of things to present.  I have even gone out to make some brand new patterns.



I know everyone loves poppers, so here are a few deer hair ones like what I’ll be showing.




Since I’ll be right on the banks of the White River, I have been working on big trout catching patterns.  Like this sculpin like guy tied with craft fur.



One of the best fly tiers out there is Nick Granato,  he came up with this pattern.  It’s called a Sasquatch.  I use craft fur more than he does, but looks almost the same.



In spired by the craft fur brush, I decided to make another baby Brown trout fly that is articulated, with one big B10 stinger Gamakatsu hook in the center of the fly, with the front hook clipped.  I used craft fun all over and got marker happy.  I love it.  It moves like a dream, hope it casts like it.

            So i have been working on some new Hopper ideas too.


The last is the reason I tie.  I love making Deer Hair diver.  This is a new frog pattern that is larger than most of my flies, but with a deer hair head of the same size, making it far more castable.  Double weed guard.  This is a new big seller.

1 comment: